How to Ship Your Firearm
When you schedule your new cerakote finish, it is important that you follow proper procedure to ensure we get to work as soon as possible. To help you on that journey, here are some simple steps to keep in mind:
1) We will provide you with a quote sheet. Upon receipt, you must print out and place this sheet with your shipment.
2) This sheet includes our mailing address, so make sure to copy this before packaging the quote with your firearm.
3) Ensure the firearm is unloaded and properly packaged. If you have a chamber flag, please use it.
4) Ship your firearm using the shipping provider of your choice. You can insure your package and require an adult to sign for your shipment.
5) When we receive your firearm, we will immediately notify you of any missing parts.
If you follow these steps, we can ensure safe and prompt processing of your firearm.
We Put Safety First
Beyond our intake procedure, it is important to stress the need for safety when shipping. Before packaging your firearm, make sure to remove the ammunition from your magazines. Perform the usual inspection of the chamber to make sure it is unloaded. Never try to send a loaded firearm to our facility.
Make Sure to Obey All Local Laws
In addition to following our process, make sure you follow all federal and local firearm laws. We hold an 07 FFL license, so you can ship a firearm directly to our facility. However, it is important that you properly package and identify your shipment with the carrier. For instance, make sure to use either UPS or FedEx to ship your pistol as USPS will not accept shipments from non-licensee holders.
If you have any questions about shipping your gun, make sure to contact us for further instructions or speak with your local shipping center for details.